Tuesday, July 26, 2005

SF Giants Birthday--Cursed?

Locke and Demosthenes: SF Giants: "It seems to me that the Giants are losing a lot of games this season. Maybe it's because Barry Bonds isn't back yet (he had knee surgery). My uncle took me to a game on Saturday night with my cousins, and they lost (again). I think someone put a curse on me that whenever I go to a baseball game, the team I'm rooting for loses. But we had fun anyway. We went through the ritual at the begining of the game that my cousins always do, which was getting fried calamari. My Uncle Tom ordered it, and the lady asked for his name, and he said 'My name's Sol, Sol Rosenburg' which is uhhhhhh.... I have no idea who but my cousin uses a sound board of him to do prank calls. So when the calamari was ready the lady said 'Sol?' and we thought it was hilarious. There weren't any tables open, so we sat on our jackets on the ground, all four of us, in a little circle. We dipped the calamari in the sauce as we listened to a lady with a HORRIBLE voice sing the Star Spangled Banner. She changed keys three times. Awful...

Well anyway, we got to our seats waaay above home plate and watched the rest of the game. It was fun, even though the score was (when we left) 16 to 2, Florida. Hopefully I can break the curse when I go on my birthday to another game."


See there? It's a "can't miss" idea. Even when a birthday boy's team loses, he has a good time going to a game on his birthday.

1 comment:

dem0sthenes said...

Birthday "Boy"???