Saturday, July 30, 2005

30th Birthday Pull Up Your Socks

...mumblings... : From my head to your computer via a keyboard.: "The feeling that I needed to change/do something started as my 30th birthday loomed last year. The idea that I was going to be older, and therefore presumably more mature, evolved into me realising I should take more responsibility for the impact I have on the this world and for the legacy that I would leave behind.

So I started to change my attitudes and involvements with things like recycling, charity and the environment. Just little things at first, but like they say - 'Every little helps'.

Feel the same way?
Want to make a difference?

Here's where you can start:..."


This is not a party, and it's not a celebration where you go somewhere and have a blast. In a way, it's better. This is marking a birthday the best way there is. He has two links to get going on making the world a better place one baby step at a time. Cool!

2 comments:

Mark Slattery said...

Thanks for the link.

I must confess, I did have a 3-week holiday in the States for my b-day as well.

M

Karen said...

Ha-ha! A three-week birthday holiday? You don't do things by halves, do you!

I like your style.