Sunday, April 09, 2006

notes from the laundromat: birthday wishes

notes from the laundromat: birthday wishes: "Saturday, April 08, 2006
birthday wishes

'Don't be afraid to want things, to yearn, crave, or lust for anything. And don't be afraid to go after what you want. If you can't satisfy yourself, then how can you expect anyone else to satisfy you?' - Cameron Tuttle

My birthday is on April 17th. It brings up the idea of WANT. What do I want?
Birthdays are always a confusing time for me. Some people talk about them to the point of being obnoxious. I have a friend who starts the countdown 3 months before and then celebrates for a month after her birthday. (If you are one of those people, sorry – yet you must know that it puts A LOT of pressure on those around you to make you happy.)"


Good point. I'm speaking as a person like her, always drawing a blank when asked what I want. I'm thrilled with things that make my life better. I don't tend to know exactly what qualifies, so it's kind of hard for someone else to know what that is and wrap it up as a gift.

I thought a typewriter would provide me with a writing career. I thought a loom would provide me with a weaving career. I got them, but didn't put in the amount of effort required. Did that cure me of wanting this type of life-changing thing? Um...no.

What does that mean? What I really need is gumption? Do they sell that anywhere and gift wrap it?

Are you like this too? Would you like the gift of commitment, determination, gumption or something similar?

No comments: